Arts & Crafts
We Love to Travel
Submitted by: CREAA Academy
Help your children to learn about birds and other animals that love to travel.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Construction paper
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 box Markers
- Pictures of animals and birds
- Discuss traveling with your kids. People need to carry a few basic things when he travels. Draw or show a picture of suitcase, phone, book, glasses, umbrella etc.
- Ask your child to find bird pictures like wild ducks, geese, penguins, arctic tern. Also, look for pictures of migratory animals like whales, seals, reindeer, etc.
- Glue the pictures on the construction paper as shown in the picture.
- Discuss why animals travel vs. why people travel. Animals travel annually to find food, find warm weather, or return to mating grounds. People travel for work, vacation, family visits, etc. Some people's jobs require travel like airplane pilots, train conductors, sailors, truck drivers, sales people, etc.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension