Arts & Crafts
Whale with Water Blowing Out of His Spout
Submitted by: Bijou
Create a finger-painted whale on paper with fuzzy pipe cleaners for water blowing from the spout.
24 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 Finger paint paper (white)
- 1 Finger paint (blue)
- 1 Scissors (for kids)
- 2 Pipe cleaners (white)
- 1 Googly eyes ((can draw instead))
- Put a piece of paper and fingerpaints on an easily cleanable table or on top of a newspaper. Let the child paint a piece of paper. Let it dry.
- Draw the shape of a whale on the unpainted side of the paper.
- Help the child hold the kid-friendly scissors and let them know you will be cutting along the line together. Help or let the child cut it out.
- Cut 2-5 holes in the top, where the whale spout will be.
- Cut the pipecleaner into 1 inch pieces. Put through the hole from the front to the back, bending to attach in the back. Curl outward like water spraying.
- Whale's eye can be drawn in by the child. Or if you have a googly eye, the child can stick it on.
- Talk with the child about the whales spout and how it blows water out of it. Are there other animals that live in the water that can do this?