Arts & Crafts
My Nest for Birds
Submitted by: sumana
This activity helps the child to create nest / home for birds.
24 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 piece Newspaper
- 2 pieces Tissue paper
- 2 pieces Construction paper (Green and Orange)
- 1 bottle Glue
- 4 Cotton balls
- 1 Pens
- 1 pair Scissors
- Crush the newspaper with your hand and shape it into a bowl. You can add more paper if you need to maintain thickness.
- Apply glue on all sides of the newspaper bowl.
- Press the tissue paper around all sides of the bowl.
- Apply glue on all the sides of bowl above the tissue paper.
- Place the twigs on all the sides of the paper bowl so that papers are not visible.
- This will now look like a nest.
- Keep 3 cotton balls inside the nest to look like eggs.
- Draw and cut out 2 identical birds on the green construction paper.
- Glue one cotton ball in between the two paper birds.
- Draw the eyes on the bird with a pen.
- Cut a beak out of the orange construction paper and glue it onto the green bird.
- Place your bird's nest where everyone can enjoy it!
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Book appreciation & knowledge