Animal Name Memory Game
Submitted by: sumana
This game introduces animal names to the child. Also, children are encouraged to associate the picture of the animal picture to its name.
12 - 36 months
2 - 6 tots
- 6 animal picture cards (photos photocopied or cut from magazines or a book)
- Show the animal picture card and say the name of the animal. The children are encouraged to repeat the name after the adult.
- Once all the animals are introduced, the adult spreads the picture cards in a single row in front of them.
- Give the ground rule that whomever the adult calls, only that kid should come forward and answer.
- Call one child forward. Name a animal for the child to pick the card.
- Repeat step 4 until all the children have had a least 2 turns.
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Language & communication » Language development » Gesturing & speaking
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation