Arts & Crafts
Easy Origami Christmas Tree
Submitted by: OrigamiMommy
Fold a piece of square paper into a Christmas tree and decorate to celebrate the holiday season.
48 - 60 months
1 - 2 tots
- 1 Origami paper (Square paper, green or patterned. Preferably recycled (1))
- 1 Colored pencils (any number of colors)
- 1 Glue stick (for glitter)
- 1 pinch Glitter (for decoration)
- 1 Cardstock (for holiday card)
- Start with a square piece of paper. Fold in half then unfold. Then fold the two sides to the center line.
- To make the tree trunk, fold the bottom one-third of the way up. Then leaving a finger width still up, fold the bottom part back down to overlap.
- Put your finger in the bottom left corner, make a triangle point there by fold the bottom left corner to the center. Repeat with the right bottom corner.
- To make the top of the tree, fold top left corner as a square right angle to touch the center line. Then fold over a second time diagonal to from bottom left to top center. Repeat with right side.
- Turn the paper over, and decorate your Christmas tree.
- Optional: Glue the Christmas tree onto a holiday card.
Origami: Japanese paper-folding