Shades of Green
Submitted by: tinymont
Explore shades of green in nature
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Green Paint Sample Cards (1 per child)
- A garden
- Take the children to the garden. Make sure they dress appropriately for the weather.
- Hand each child a green paint sample card.
- Instruct the child to match the greens on the paint sample card to the greens in the garden. Tell them to call over an adult when they have found a match.
- Discuss which shades are lightest and darkest.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Sensory processing » Sight
- Language & communication » Language development » Gesturing & speaking