Arts & Crafts
Elephant Painted With a Toothbrush
Submitted by: arjun
This activity will help the child improve sensory movement and strengthen their fingers.
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Toothbrush
- 1 Palette
- 1 set Watercolor paint (or washable paint)
- 1 page Paper
- 1 Stencil of Elephant (Full-page sized)
- Set the stencil over the plain paper.
- Help the child dip the toothbrush into the water and dab some paint on the brush.
- Place one of the child's hands on the stencil.
- Guide the child's other hand to sprinkle or swipe paint inside the stencil.
- Help the child carefully remove the stencil.
- You will now see a colorful elephant on the white sheet!
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness