Big and Small
Submitted by: arjun
Children will understand concepts of big and small.
12 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 1 Large Cooking Spoon
- 1 Teaspoon
- 1 Large cup
- 1 Small cup
- Place both spoons on the table.
- Guide the child to pick up the big spoon (cooking spoon).
- Show the child "big" using widely spread arms. Tell them this is big. Tell them the cooking spoon is big.
- Now ask the child to pick up the small spoon (teaspoon).
- Show the child "small" using narrowly spread arms. Tell them this is small. Tell them the teaspoon is small.
- Repeat this activity with the cups. Ask the child to pick up the big cup first then the small cup.
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Language & communication » Language development » Gesturing & speaking