Arts & Crafts
Painted Glass Jar Vase with Handprint
Submitted by: Bijou
Personalized glass vase created by the child as a gift for a loved one.
30 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 Glass jar (clean and dry)
- 2 Acrylic paint (darker color for inside, lighter for handprint or vice versa)
- 1 Flowers (fake)
- Child can pick whether to have inside darker or lighter color. Child can paint inside of the jar with the selected color.
- Adult can wipe off any color that may have gotten on the outside. Then child picks the contrasting color (lighter or darker) for the handprint. Color can be painted on the child's hand, then the painted hand is printed onto the outside of the jar.
- Adult or child can sign the child's name on the jar.
- Let paint dry at least one hour for acrylic paint. If using enamel paint, let dry overnight as 24 hours is generally the recommended drying time for glass.
- When done drying, vase can have flowers put inside. Fake flowers are preferred so that the vase does not need cleaning, which could cause the paint to be scratched.