Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: arjun
Show children the beautiful variety of leaves in nature with this pretty craft.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Leaves of different sizes and shapes
- Watercolor paint (or paint thinned with water)
- 1 Paint brush
- 1 piece Paper
- Give your child some leaves and a piece of plain paper.
- Have your child apply a bit of paint to each leave . Spread the paint around to cover the leaf. Press the leaf to the paper, paint-side down.
- Hold the leaf to the paper for a few seconds. Gently peel it away.
- Repeat as desired.
- Allow paper to dry. Display!
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination