Identifying Each Other By Voice
Submitted by: arjun
This game helps build children's hearing, listening and observation skills through voice and sound recognition.
36 - 60 months
4 - 8 tots
- Recorded voices of familiar characters or people
- Sit children in a circle.
- Ask them to close their eyes. Choose one child to speak.
- Have the children open their eyes and identify who spoke.
- Repeat until each child has been identified once.
- Play the same game with recordings of familiar characters or people the children would recognize.
- Optionally, encourage children to manipulate their voices for a challenge.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Sensory processing » Sound