Arts & Crafts
Woven Leaf Plates
Submitted by: arjun
Create a woven plate made of natural materials.
36 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- Broad leaves (Birch, elm,oak, maple)
- Broom twigs or toothpicks
- Place two broad leaves closely together with edges slightly overlapping.
- Connect the two leaves together using a broom twig or toothpick. Insert one end of the broom twig or toothpick through both leaves. Push broom twig or toothpick about 1/3 of the way through both leaves. Then, poke broom twig or toothpick back through both leaves.
- Place another leaf on the edge of the joined leaves and repeat step 2 to connect.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until desired shape and size is reached.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination