Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: sumana
This activity helps the child understand images and activities associated with each season.
24 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 4 pieces Plain white paper (per child)
- Colored pencils, markers or crayons (Assorted colors)
- Pictures of seasonal objects and activities (Use clipart or tear from old magazines.)
- Old Magazines
- Gather pictures representing each of the four seasons. These pictures may be of holidays, weather, natural changes, sports, food, animals, clothes, etc.
- Help the child associate colors with each season. Winter colors could be white and blue for ice and snow. Fall could be red, brown, and orange for fall leaves. Summer could be yellow for sun. Spring could be blue, pink, and purple for rain and flowers.
- Help the child sort the pictures by season.
- Label pieces of paper for each season.
- Help the child glue pictures appropriate for the season onto the correct paper.
- Encourage the child to use the seasonal colors to add his or her own pictures to the collage.
- Display the child's work on a seasonal basis.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Symbolic representation