Arts & Crafts
Colorful Clay Models
Submitted by: arjun
Children will develop fine motor skills by painting on complex surfaces.
24 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- Clay models (Available at craft stores)
- Craft paint
- Cotton balls
- Paper plate (Use as paint palette)
- Cups (1 per color)
- Let each child choose a clay model.
- Show the child how to choose a brush, dip it into a color, and apply it to the model.
- Stay close to guide children as needed.
- Dry and display the models.
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation