Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: arjun
Children learn the basics of lacing to increase hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
24 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- Cardboard or Other Thick Paper
- Thick thread, yarn or shoe laces (Various Colors)
- Punch holes in the cardboard in basic patterns.
- Tie a knot at the end of each thread or lace.
- Demonstrate the in and out motions of lacing in adjacent holes
- Give each child a piece of cardboard and thread to practice lacing.
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation