The Greeting Game
Submitted by: sumana
This group activity teaches children to politely greet one another.
30 - 60 months
4 - 8 tots
- Have children sit in a circle. Make sure there is space to run around the perimeter.
- Select two children that are sitting next to each other. Direct them to get up and run around the circle in opposite directions.
- When they meet, have children stop, shake hands and say, "Hello. My name is ____."
- After each child has greeted and introduced themselves, have them say "Good Bye" and then return to their place in the circle.
- Repeat until everyone has had a turn.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Language & communication » Language development
- Gross motor skills » Running
- Social & emotional development » Social connections » Relationships with peers