Submitted by: sumana
This game teaches your children the importance and properties of water.
24 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 Water tub ( or wide flat-bottom vessel)
- Dry leaves
- Paper boats
- Pine cones
- Fill the tub with water.
- Discuss how water is used and how it is important in our lives; drinking and food preparation, irrigation, washing, transportation and recreation. Ask your child if they can think of additional uses for water.
- Provide your child with items from the list above. Have them place on water's surface.
- Discuss which float and which sink. Do they sink quickly or slowly and why?
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness
- Sensory processing » Touch