Submitted by: arjun
This hand eye coordination game teaches children to aim and find success through targeting an object.
12 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Plastic food containers (coffee cans or any other containers)
- Bean bags
- Balls (small enough to fit into the container)
- Mark a circle on the ground and place the containers inside.
- Have the child stand an appropriate distance from circle (close enough to provide both challenge and success).
- Demonstrate an underhand toss.
- Provide balls or bean bags and opportunity for child to aim, toss and get their items into the containers.
- Encourage efforts and success.
- Discuss challenges and problem solve new approaches.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Gross motor skills » Standing
- Gross motor skills » Ball skills » Throwing