Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: arjun
Children develop hand-eye coordination while exploring patterns and sorting.
36 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- Wooden or plastic beads (3 different colors and/or sizes)
- 14-16" lengths of string, cording or shoelace (Pipe cleaners will also work.)
- Sorting bowls or plates
- Sort beads with child by color and/or size.
- Knot string on one end. Demonstrate threading beads onto string.
- Demonstrate different patterns created by changing bead size and color.
- Ask child to thread beads onto their string to create his/her own pattern.
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Patterns