Arts & Crafts
Paper Plate Face
Submitted by: Bijou
Explore happy and sad emotions by sliding eyes and mouth strip
36 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- 1 Paper plate
- 1 sheet Construction paper
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 set Markers (Assorted Colors)
- 1 Ruler
- Cut two 1 1/2" squares from paper plate leaving 1" between cutouts. These will be the eyes. Do not cut out entire square. You will only cut the sides. Do not cut top and bottom of square.
- Cut 2" square for mouth centered 1 1/2" below eye cuts.
- Cut 2 strips of construction paper each 1 1/4" by 16".
- Decorate one strip with centered happy and sad mouths 1 1/2" wide and 1" apart.
- Decorate second strip with happy and sad eyes also 1" apart. In order to match eyes, the correct sequence is left eye happy, left eye sad, space, right eye happy, right eye sad. Each eye should be slightly less than 1" apart.
- Thread decorated strips into place. Gently slide to change expression.
- Decorate face with markers.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Social & emotional development » Emotional expression & understanding
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination