Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: Bijou
Create a beautiful flower out of paper.
36 - 60 months
0 - 8 tots
- Construction paper (Assorted colors)
- 1 set Colored pencils, pens or markers (Assorted colors)
- 1 roll Clear tape (or glue stick)
- 1 pair Scissors
- Colorful Magazine Pages
- 1 Glue stick
- Cut one long strip of paper. This will be the stem of the flower.
- Cut a half-circle of paper. This will be the ground out of which the flower grows.
- Cut paper into 5-6 small shapes. These could be tear-drop shaped, circles, rectangles, etc. These are the petals.
- Using the tape or glue stick, attach the stem to the ground.
- Using the tape or glue stick, attach the petals to the stem in a criss-cross shape.
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation