Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: Linda O
Small motor skills are practiced while creating this holiday ornament.
42 - 60 months
1 - 3 tots
- 3" Styrofoam craft balls
- Cord (to create hanger)
- Ribbon (for top decoration)
- Buttons (small and colorful)
- Straight pins with beaded heads
- Tie 5" length of cording to create hanger for ornament.
- Secure hanger to Styrofoam ball with pin.
- Attach buttons, using straight pins pushed through button hole. Two pins per button eliminates shifting.
- Cover entire Styrofoam ball with buttons.
- Create bow from ribbon.
- Attach bow to base of hanging cord.
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness