Submitted by: sumana
This experiment will help your child to understand feelings of hot and cold.
12 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 2 Screw Drivers (or Metal Rods)
- 1 Freezer
- 1 Glass jars & bottles
- 1 cup Water (warm)
- Place one screwdriver in the freezer.
- Fill a jar with warm water. Place the other screwdriver in the warm water.
- Remove both of the screwdrivers after an hour and ask your child to feel them.
- Explain to your child that there are two kinds of sensors on our skin. Warm sensors respond to warmth and cold sensors respond to cold.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Sensory processing » Touch