Arts & Crafts
Matching Uppercase and Lowercase letters
Submitted by: arjun
This activity helps the child to match uppercase and lowercase letters.
24 - 60 months
1 - 2 tots
- 2 pieces Cardstock (or Thick paper)
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 Pen (or marker)
- 1 Ruler
- Use a ruler and pen to create squares on each piece of cardstock. You will need 26 squares on each pieces of cardstock.
- Write one uppercase letter in each square until you have completed the alphabet. Repeat with the lowercase letters on the second piece of cardstock.
- Cut out the squares.
- Mix up the squares and give to the child.
- Ask the child to match each uppercase letter with it's lowercase letter.
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Alphabet knowledge
- Cognitive development » Literacy » Phonological awareness
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Hand strength