Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: arjun
This activity will help your child to identify and match opposites.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Pictures (You can draw your own pictures)
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 Paper
- 1 Pen (or Pencil)
- Draw and label pictures vertically in the left column of the paper: Fire - name it Hot, Bird Flying Over a Cloud, Cat Outside the Box, Big Box.
- Draw and label pictures vertically in the right column of the paper: Small box, Cat Inside of the Box, Ice Cube-cold, Bird Flying Under a Cloud.
- Ask the child to look at a picture in the left column and find it's opposite in the right column.
- Have the child draw a line from the left column picture to the opposite picture in the right column.
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Symbolic representation
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Language & communication » Language development