Arts & Crafts
One For Each Concept
Submitted by: arjun
This activity teaches basic counting concepts as well as one-to-one pairing or correspondence.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Paper
- 1 Pen (or Pencil)
- 1 Glue stick
- Draw two monkeys or paste pictures of two monkeys in one column and two bananas in another column.
- Draw three dogs or paste pictures of three dogs in one column and three bones in another column.
- Draw four mice or paste pictures of four mice in one column and four cheese wedges in another column.
- Now ask the child to draw a line from each animal to the picture of food that corresponds with the animal.
- Count the animals with your child as they are drawing the line from the animal to the food.
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number relationships & operations
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination