Arts & Crafts
Mommy and Me Hand Printing
Submitted by: Susanna
Make an easy "Finger Painting" with ink pads.
12 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- Newspaper or Junk Mail (To lay down under your craft (less risk of a mess))
- White papers or canvases
- Ink pads (These should be washable ink. I like the multi-colored kind.)
- Baby wipes (For quick clean up)
- Lay down your newspaper or junk mail on your work surface. We did this on the floor.
- Cover your own hand with ink and demonstrate how to "stamp" your hand on the white paper or canvas (then clean with a baby wipe).
- Ink up your child's hand and let them stamp the paper or their own paper. For older children, they can ink their own hands.
- After that, the only limit is your child's imagination.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness
- Sensory processing » Touch » Textures