Submitted by: Susanna
Teach fine motor skills while having fun with s-hooks.
24 - 60 months
1 - 2 tots
- 5 or more S hooks
- 1 small tension rod/ grate (I used an un-used freezer shelf)
- 2 chairs, stools, or small tables (these are used to support the grate or tension rod)
- 2 ribbons or strings (to tie the grate or rod to the chairs)
- 4 Rubber bands
- 5 or more toys that hang
- Use the ribbon or string to tie a tension rod or grate between two small tables or chairs.
- Hang a number of s-hooks on the rod or grate. Show your child how the hooks can be hung and un-hung both on the rod and on each other.
- Invite your child to join in the fun of hanging.
- As he or she masters the skill of hanging and unhanging hooks, introduce rubber bands to the puzzle and show your child how to attach two s-hooks with a rubber band.
- Add toys that can be hung up on hooks to the mix and show your child how they can be hung.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation