Arts & Crafts
My Ice Cream for Summer
Submitted by: sumana
A craft work of making an ice cream.
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Paper (White)
- 1 piece Yellow velvet cloth (small piece)
- 1 piece Orange Velvet cloth (small piece)
- 1 piece Paper (Red)
- Cotton swabs
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 Glue
- Draw an outline of cone shape or triangle shape on yellow velvet sheet. Cut the shape following the outline.
- Similarly draw a small rectangle on orange velvet sheet. Cut the shape following the outline. Use sketch pen to draw lines like a biscuit stick.
- Cut a circle shape on red paper similar to above step 2.
- Apply glue on all the shapes.
- Draw a rectangular border on the white paper. Draw a summer theme ( sun, seashells, boat) or something that you can relate to summer.
- Glue the ice cream shapes as shown in the picture.
- Glue the cotton ball on top of the cone as ice cream and add the red circle for the cherry.
- Encourage discussion on summer and ice cream.
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Fine motor skills » Kinesthetic & tactile awareness
- Sensory processing » Touch » Textures