Arts & Crafts
Homemade Watercolor Paint
Submitted by: Nancy M.
Use food coloring and ingredients from your pantry to create paints with your child.
24 - 60 months
1 - 3 tots
- 4 tbsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Corn syrup
- Food coloring
- Muffin tin
- Mix your baking soda and vinegar together and wait for the fizzing to stop.
- Add the corn syrup and cornstarch. Mix well until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Pour into your muffin tin.
- Stir food coloring in with a toothpick or popsicle stick and mix well for about a minute.
- Now the hard part: waiting. Your watercolor paints have to dry completely which can take 24 - 48 hours.
- When your watercolors are dry, simply grab a paint brush and some water and test them out!
Inspired by http://happyhooligans.ca/homemade-watercolour-paints/
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison