Submitted by: Susanna
Have a fun fashion show or race with mommy and daddy's shoes!
18 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 2 or more Pairs of adult shoes (or slippers)
- Lay out an array of pairs of shoes at the end of a hallway or a long walking area.
- Most children already have a keen interest in their parents' shoes if they've seen you putting them on. But if your child isn't already interested, create interest by putting on your shoes, walking down the hall, and taking them off.
- Let your child try to put the shoes on by him or herself. Then help them if needed.
- Help your child walk proudly down the hall like a grownup in the newly acquired grownup shoes!
- If you have more than one child, you can make a race out of this game. Or "race" your child down the hallway yourself.
- Try with another pair, or have a relay with different pairs of shoes.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Gross motor skills » Balance
- Gross motor skills » Running
- Gross motor skills » Walking