Submitted by: Susanna
Have fun practicing putting on hats and shirts.
18 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 or more Mommy or daddy's shirts (Being quite large, adult-sized shirts will be easier to get on and off)
- 2 or more Hats
- 1 Stuffed animal (large)
- 1 Full length mirrors
- 1 or more pair Adult shoes
- Lay out all the hats, shirts and shoes you would be willing to let your child try on.
- Ask your child which one she wants to try on first.
- Help your child if they want help, or let them figure it out by themselves if they don't. Just encourage them along the way.
- Show your child how they can dress their stuffed animal.
- Let your child put hats and shirts on you and the stuffed animal.
- Take pictures of yourselves with your new looks. Look at the pictures together and talk about them.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Reasoning & problem solving
- Fine motor skills » Bimanual manipulation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Self help » Dressing