Submitted by: Susanna
Play a goofy game of facial charades.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Face (full of expression)
- Take your hand and swipe it across your face. As your face comes into your child's view, have a very clear "sad" expression on your face. Without changing your expression ask, "how am I feeling?" Let your child take a guess.
- Continue with other feelings: happy, tired, hungry, angry, scared, cold, hot, excited, etc. For older children, try more advanced feelings like confused, nervous, or lonely.
- Have your child take a turn acting out an emotion while you guess!
- Social & emotional development » Emotional expression & understanding
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity