Arts & Crafts
Craft My Name
Submitted by: Susanna
Introduce your child to the letters in their name with this simple craft.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 2 pieces Construction paper
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 pair Scissors
- 1 box Crayons
- Before you begin, cut out the letters of your child's name. You can print them with a computer or trace them. I traced the letters from an iPod ABC game.
- If your child loves to color, use blank paper for their letters. If not, choose brightly colored or patterned paper for their name.
- Before you begin glueing, show your child the letter and tell them each letter and how it fits into their name: "This is A. A and I together say 'ai' for Airen."
- Allow your child to explore the letters and color them as they wish.
- Pull out the glue stick and a blank piece of construction paper. Show them how to glue the back of the letter and put them on the paper.
- Help them place the letters in the correct order.
- Allow them to color and decorate as they wish.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination