I Can Out-Do Myself!
Submitted by: Susanna
Teach your child to compete with themselves in their favorite activities such as running, jumping or playing ball.
24 - 60 months
1 - 4 tots
- 1 Ball
- 1 Area to run and jump
- 1 roll Masking tape (to mark a line for measuring)
- Set down a line of masking tape or draw a line in the dirt.
- Set the ball down on the line and ask your child to kick it.
- When your child kicks the ball say, "Wow! Look how far you've kicked it!" You can make the spot with masking tape, a line in the sand, or just stand in the spot. Ask "Can you kick it farther?" while you put the ball down on the line again.
- Celebrate each kick whether it goes farther or not.
- If your child starts to get bored of kicking, move on to throwing, rolling, jumping or running. Be creative!
- Gross motor skills » Balance
- Gross motor skills » Ball skills » Throwing
- Gross motor skills » Kicking
- Gross motor skills » Standing