Arts & Crafts
Milk Carton Doll House
Submitted by: Susanna
Create a cute little doll house with your child.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Empty milk cartons (Before starting, wash, dry.)
- 1 Paper
- wrapping paper or origami paper
- 1 Glue stick
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Before getting your child involved, cut a "door" in the lower half of your carton. Then, cut along the edges of the top half of the same side as your "door." Fold the cut-out flap down to make a second floor in your little house. Tape against the back wall of the carton. (See picture)
- Help your child spread glue all over one side of the carton. Help them paste the paper on the carton. Continue with the other side of the carton. When finished, cut off any excess paper and make cuts for the door.
- Cut a flap of paper to cover the roof and help your child glue it to the roof. If you like, do the same for the inside walls and floor.
- Get out the crayons and have fun decorating your house!
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness