Clap Your Hands As Slowly As You Can
Submitted by: Susanna
Have fun doing actions slowly and quickly with your little tot. A great game for road trips when you're trapped in a car!
12 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- While clapping your hands slowly say, "Clap, clap, clap your hands as slowly as you can." Pause and then clap your hands quickly while saying, "Clap, clap, clap your hands as quickly as you can!" (very quickly)
- Repeat with other actions such as: rub your hands, pound your fists, wiggle your fingers, touch your nose, blink your eyes, etc. Get creative and invite your child to invent new verses!"
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Finger isolation
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Gross motor skills » Rhythm