On the Go Bingo
Submitted by: Susanna
Find and name different vehicles while on a walk or road trip.
18 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- As you are on your way, say to your child, "let's look for a bicycle" (or any other form of transportation that you think you may find.) "Is there a bicycle over there?" "How about over there?" "Look, there's a bicycle!" Help your child find and point out the bicycle.
- Repeat with other forms of transportation that your child knows. Introduce new vehicles that you find that your child may not know.
- If your child knows their colors, start asking if they can find a specific-colored vehicle. "Can you find a red car?"
- If you have a book of vehicles, use it to give you and your child ideas of what to look for. Here are more ideas: digger, motorcycle, helicopter, airplane, bicycle, stroller, skateboard, etc.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension