Clean Up Our Park!
Submitted by: Susanna
Teach your little one to help to keep your neighborhood and park clean in a fun way.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 Bag (for each child)
- 1 pair Gloves, plastic (for each child)
- 1 pair Tongs (for each child)
- Before you go out on a walk or to the park, tell your child, "Today we're going to clean up outside!"
- Show your child how to wear the plastic gloves. Then begin your walk. (For older children, they can use the tongs instead of or with the gloves -- it makes it extra challenging.)
- Once outside, say, "Who can pick up the most trash?" Do you see any trash?" Make picking up trash a fun game -- like an Easter egg hunt. Celebrate with each piece of trash.
- After picking up trash, talk about why it's important to throw trash away in the trash can and keep our neighborhoods beautiful.
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand eye coordination
- Gross motor skills » Walking
- Gross motor skills » Standing