Arts & Crafts
My Family Tree
Submitted by: masamom
Encourages child to focus on his or her family composition.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- White paper (One piece per child)
- Crayons (Assorted colors)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Talk with each child about the members of his or her family.
- Have child draw and color a tree on his or her paper.
- After coloring tree, have child draw an apple for each member of their family.
- Ask child to label each apple with family members title and/or name. You may need to write for younger kids.
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Symbolic representation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills