Arts & Crafts
One of a Kind
Submitted by: masamom
Demonstrates the unique characteristics of each person's fingerprints.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Magnifying glass (One per child)
- Paper (One piece per child)
- Washable ink pad
- Provide each child with a piece of paper labeled "One of a Kind" across the top.
- Place child's finger on ink pad and roll to cover fingertip with ink.
- Press finger onto paper to create fingerprints. Repeat as many times as desired.
- Once dry, encourage kids to examine each other's fingerprints with a magnifying glass. Point out that everyone has fingerprints different than every other person in the world.
- Fine motor skills » Finger isolation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Patterns