Arts & Crafts
Eye Color Graph
Submitted by: masamom
Discuss and graph eye color.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Handheld mirrors
- Prior to activity, create a basic graph based on the one pictured. You will need a row for each eye color.
- Begin with a discussion of a graph and how it shows us information with a picture.
- Talk with kids about specific eye colors. Have each child look in a mirror to determine his or her eye color.
- Make a list of each child's eye color.
- Have each child draw an eye in the correct eye color row. Continue until each child has graphed their eye color.
- As a class, count how many of each eye color are in each color row. Record these numbers on your graph. Discuss which color has the most and the least.
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Symbolic representation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension