Arts & Crafts
My Family Graph
Submitted by: masamom
Discuss and graph family types.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- "My Family Graph" (Create this simple graph by hand or on the computer. Provide each child with a graph.)
- Markers (Pink and blue)
- Prior to activity, create a "My Family Graph" based on the one pictured. You will need a column for boys and girls. Each child will need his or her own graph.
- Begin by discussing graphs and how they show us information with a picture.
- Talk to children about the members of his or her family. Ask how many boys and girls are in each child's family. Record children's answers.
- Help each child to color in one blue square for each boy and one pink square for each girl in his or her family. For example, for a family with 3 boys and 2 girls, the graph would have 3 blue squares colored in the boy column and 2 pink squares colored in the girl column.
- Language & communication » Language development » Listening & comprehension
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Symbolic representation
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Measurement & comparison