Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: masamom
Help children recognize numerals 1-10.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Coupon Inserts (Available in newspapers or magazines)
- Scissors (Safety scissors for child use)
- Glue stick
- Construction paper (Assorted Colors)
- Markers (Assorted Colors)
- Provide children with coupon inserts from newspapers or magazines.
- Before cutting, instruct children they will be looking for the numbers 1-10 in the coupons they cut.
- Have children cut coupons out using safety scissors.
- Glue cut coupons onto paper.
- Once dry, have children circle/box/highlight numbers 1-10.
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Fine motor skills » Hand strength
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness