Submitted by: masamom
Helps children identify numbers 1-10.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Checklist for numbers 1-10 (1 per child)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Clipboards (1 per child)
- Instruct children they will be looking for the numbers 1-10 as you go on a number walk. Number walks (or drives) can be done in your neighborhood, school, classroom, or even while driving.
- Provide each child with a checklist of the numbers 1-10 on a clipboard and a marker. Children will check off numbers as they are found on the number walk.
- Continue number walk until all children have checked off all numbers on their checklist.
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Cognitive development » Logic & reasoning » Symbolic representation
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills