Arts & Crafts
Torn Paper Number Art
Submitted by: masamom
Help children recognize and create numbers 1-10.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Construction paper (Assorted colors)
- Cardstock (or other thick paper) (Assorted colors)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Glue stick
- Prior to activity beginning, draw simple number outlines for use with this activity. You can do this by hand or on a computer.
- Begin by asking children to tear construction paper into small pieces,
- Give each child a number outline, glue stick, and some torn construction paper.
- Demonstrate how to glue the torn paper inside the number outline. Take a minute to discuss the difference between inside the outline and outside the outline.
- Watch and provide help as needed as children complete activity.
- Allow to dry at least 15 minutes.
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Fine motor skills » In-hand manipulation