T-Shirts on the Line
Submitted by: masamom
Help children understand and demonstrate ordinal numbers.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 5 T-Shirts (Assorted colors)
- 1 Penny
- Begin by laying out five t-shirts in a line on the floor, counter, table, etc.
- Talk to children about ordinal numbers. For this activity, you will need to introduce first, second, third, fourth, and fifth. Point to each position as you say its name.
- Ask each child to place the penny on a specific position (i.e. first t-shirt).
- Continue until each child demonstrates an understanding of first through fifth.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number relationships & operations