The Number Card Game
Submitted by: masamom
Incorporate number recognition with physical activities.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- 1 set Number Cards (Create your own by hand or on the computer. Use the picture as an example. Activities may be changed as desired.)
- After creating number cards as pictured above, cut them apart.
- Place number cards upside-down in a pile.
- Children take turns drawing a card. Children should be able to read the number but may need help reading the action.
- All children complete the specified number of actions listed on the card.
- Completed card is placed face-down on the bottom of the card pile.
- Continue game until everyone has a turn to draw a card.
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » Grasp
- Gross motor skills