Arts & Crafts
Submitted by: masamom
Demonstrating knowledge of address. Recognizing numbers within an address.
36 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Address (For each child)
- Paper (Assorted colors)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Crayons (Assorted Colors)
- Talk to children about what an address is and the different parts of an address.
- Ask each child to draw a picture of his or her house.
- After pictures are drawn, have older children label their house with their correct address. For younger children, write it for them but have them repeat it as you write it.
- Once pictures are complete, ask each child to identify the numbers found in his or her address.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Persistence & attentiveness
- Cognitive development » Mathematics » Number concepts & quantities
- Fine motor skills