Arts & Crafts
My Park Field Journal
Submitted by: masamom
Recognize and illustrate plants and animals found in the park.
24 - 60 months
1 - 8 tots
- Paper (Any type- several pieces per child)
- Markers (Assorted colors)
- Crayons (Assorted colors)
- Clipboard (1 per child)
- Prior to park field trip, discuss what kinds of plants and animals you might see at the park.
- Once at the park, give each child several pieces of paper, a clipboard, and markers/crayons.
- Encourage kids to draw at least three types of plants, animals, and bugs seen in the park.
- After trip, have kids compare their field journals to see what other animals, plants, or bugs were seen.
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Initiative & curiosity
- Cognitive development » Approaches to learning » Cooperation
- Fine motor skills » Graphic skills